PATH: Restore file cache for bfd_openr

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Thu Jun 9 07:44:00 GMT 2005


Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:48:49PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> 
>>Alan Modra wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:43:21PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>	* opncls.c (bfd_openr): Call bfd_set_cacheable on returned BFDs. 
>>>
>>>
>>>I think it makes sense to do this in bfd_fopen instead, if fd != -1.
>>>ie. Make your new bfd_fopen function default to the auto-close/open
>>>behaviour.  Thoughts?
>>
>>Makes sense to me.  May I check in that variation, assuming the same 
>>testing shows that it works OK?
> 
> 
> Yes.  And I meant if fd == -1, of course.

I checked in the attached patch.

Thanks!

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: bfd.fopen.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20050609/48a15693/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Binutils mailing list