Ping on HP-UX patch for a clean build
Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com
Thu Jun 2 21:58:00 GMT 2005
> From: James E Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com>
> Maybe something like
> /* Only use getc_unlocked if we found a declaration for it.
> Otherwise, libc is not thread safe by default, and we should not
> use it. This should test HAVE_DECL_GETC_UNLOCKED if configure
> used the standard autoconf AC_CHECK_DECLS test. */
Sounds reasonable.
> One thing that isn't clear to me is why you just didn't add the
> AC_CHECK_DECLS test in the first place. Sure, the existing configure.in
> file has out of date BFD_NEED_DECLARATION checks, but that shouldn't
> prevent you from handling getc_unlocked the correct way via
> AC_CHECK_DECLS, unless I missed something. You can leave the problem of
> fixing the rest of the BFD_NEED_DECLARATION checks to someone else.
The configure I have for the binutils subdirectory was built with
autoconf 2.13. I am pretty sure I tried using AC_CHECK_DECLS with
autoconf 2.13 and it did not work (wasn't recognized). When we start
requiring autoconf 2.57 or later then we can use AC_CHECK_DECLS.
Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com
More information about the Binutils
mailing list