hppa-linux TLS work, extra DIR32 reloc for errno@@GLIBC_PRIVATE?
Carlos O'Donell
carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Wed Jun 1 13:07:00 GMT 2005
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:53:24AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:39:53PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > Is it valid to add a check for sym_type?
>
> Sure. Use h->type.
Noted.
Excellent, I tested the change and it works well. We're back to fixing
glibc problems with __tls_get_addr.
> > Since a TLS symbol shouldn't have a DIR32 reloc emitted.
> > The symbol was already handled in relocate_section and emitted as a
> > TPREL32.
>
> That's a little messy. I suggest moving all the got reloc handling into
> one place, probably relocate_section. Also, when optimizing tls, write
> changed relocs back to the reloc array for --emit-relocs.
Ok, I'll add that to the cleanup when we rewrite the patch.
I'll keep in mind --emit-relocs, thanks for the pointer.
c.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list