Linker question

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi@gandalf.sssup.it
Fri Jul 22 13:27:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I have a software project. The first one is compiled with the arm 2.95.2
arm cross toolchain and the second one is width the arm 3.3.3 . I have a
lot of char array and each one in different object file. If I compile
and link width the first toolchain the char arrays are 4 byte aligh
maybe because they are in different object file but if I compile and
link width the second one I have a lot of these not align at 4byte. I
fix this behavior with the align directive at source code level and I
build another toolchain forcing the data align at 32 bit. The ld version
is 2.15 for the gcc 3.3.3 .... Any of us know what is changed?

Regards Michael