Problem with arm-elf-gcov

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 12:11:00 GMT 2005

Hi Chadi,

> I want to profile some applications (written in C) in
> an embedded system. To use it we have to compile with
> GCC and the option -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
> The compiler reject this option answering :
> undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
> undefined reference to `__gcov_merge_add

This is a question for the gcc mailing list rather than the binutils
mailing list:

	gcc@gcc.gnu.org

The answer to your question is that you need a more up-to-date version
of GCC.  ie one that supports GCOV for the ARM.  The current sources in
the mainline of the GCC CVS repository have this support.  Various
official releases of the gcc compiler may also have it but I have not
tested them.