objcopy ihex

Chris Hiszpanski chiszp@hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 08:24:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

During an attempt to convert an ELF object to an intel hex object using
objcopy, I noticed that the ihex object that objcopy output did not contain
extended linear address records that are required for objects that consist
of addresses that are greater than 16-bits.

I searched for such and option, read documentation, but came up empty
handed? Does objcopy not support these records? Seems to me that this would
be a reasonably simple addition to objcopy. I can write the addition, but
has it been written already?

Cheers,
Chris