ld's RPATH versus gcc's

Chris McCraw fool@cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 20 23:54:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 12:46:56AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Chris McCraw <fool@cs.utexas.edu> writes:
>
> > i think there is a third vector for RPATH entries--adding "-v -Wl,--verbose"
> > to the LDFLAGS shows the following output.  note particularly the line
> > with SEARCH_DIR.
>
> This is the link-time library search path, which you can extend with -L.

can you replace it completely?  i found -nostdlib beyond my simple
reverse engineering skills, though now that i've seen the output of
a normal link with --verbose, i might be able to manage it.

> It's coming from the default linker script, which is usually compiled in,
> but also installed in $datadir/ldscripts.

so does changing the script in place have any effect on compiling, or is it
just an example which you can copy, change, and use with ld -T ?