Branches in CVS repository?

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Thu Jan 20 22:54:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 05:38:44PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I put the BRANCHES file in binutils/, since that's what Nick approved,
>> and I'm not sure who could approve putting it at top level.  I'm happy
>> to move it, if necessary.  If more changes need to be made, let me know.
>
>My guesses would be: Andrew for GDB, Jeff for newlib, Chris for
>cygwin.  Toplevel certainly has *my* approval, for what that's worth.
>
>I just don't see how putting it in a binutils-specific place is going
>to solve the problem of coordinating branches across all the src/
>projects.

I've been following the discussion but I don't have any real preferences
one way or the other as far as cygwin is concerned.  I think it's
unlikely that anyone is going to want to branch cygwin, though.

I'll chime in if I have strong objections, but I haven't had any so far.
If you don't hear from me, it's safe to assume I'm ok with the current
plan.

cgf