ia64 gas default mode

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Thu Jan 20 01:24:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 16:05, James E Wilson wrote:
> 3) Enable -xexplicit by default.  Assembler programs with correct stop
> bits will always work, but a few may get false DV warnings.  Assembler
> programs without correct stop bits will never work, and most but not all
> will get assembler warnings.

If we do enable this or -xauto by default, we should probably also add a
-xnone or similar option to disable the DV checking code.  No one in
their right mind should disable DV checking, but it might be useful if
someone runs into a DV checking bug, and can't figure out how to work
around it except by turning off the DV checking.