Branches in CVS repository?

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Jan 19 18:19:00 GMT 2005

Paul Brook wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 17:50, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
>>+ Please keep the following tables alphabetical.
>>+
>>+ Organization          Organization Name
>>+ ------------          -----------------
>>+ tgc                   The GNUDist Company
>>+
>>+ Branch                        Description
>>+ ------                        -----------
>>+ binutils-tgc-fm               FullMonty port
>

> Do we want to distinguish between active and inactive branches?

I'm not sure I even know for sure when a branch is active/inactive;
sometimes, you end up going back to a very old branch if someone wants
to add just one fix there.

> Maybe also have release branches mentioned somewhere for completeness.

Yes, we could add them here too.  I'll mention the naming convention in
use for binutils release branches, so that we make sure not to step on them.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC