Build fails in makeinfo

Aaron W. LaFramboise aaron98wiridge9@aaronwl.com
Mon Feb 28 09:01:00 GMT 2005

Danny Smith wrote:
> Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:

>> section mapping' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?). `mmo
>> a New Hash Table Type' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).iving
>>makeinfo: Removing output file
>>`/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info' due to
>>errors; use --force to preserve.
>>make[3]: ***
>>[/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info] Error 1

> Does this help:

> + #ifdef __MINGW32__
> + /* Prevent \r\n line endings.  */
> + #include <fcntl.h>
> + unsigned int _CRT_fmode = _O_BINARY;
> + #endif
> +

Yes!  It does.

However, is it a good idea to apply this sort of thing?  It seems that
the real trouble is in my makeinfo, not in chew.  makeinfo should be
able to accomidate Windows line endings when it is built on Windows.

I'm a little curious why I am suddenly having this problem now, when I
didn't have it before.

For what its worth, I have a similar problem with GCC too.

Aaron W. LaFramboise