Build fails in makeinfo

Aaron W. LaFramboise aaron98wiridge9@aaronwl.com
Sun Feb 27 16:53:00 GMT 2005

The last few times I've tried to build binutils, I've encountered a
build problem.  I haven't been building binutils regularly recently, so
I really have no idea when this started, or if it might be a problem
with my configuration.

cd "$am__cwd"; \
if makeinfo --split-size=5000000   -I
/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc \
 -o /aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info
/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo; \
then \
  rc=0; \
  cd /aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc; \
else \
  rc=$?; \
  cd /aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc && \
  $restore $backupdir/* `echo
".//aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info" | sed
's|[^/]*$||'`; \
fi; \
rm -rf $backupdir; exit $rc
 section mapping' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?). `mmo
 a New Hash Table Type' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).iving
makeinfo: Removing output file
`/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info' due to
errors; use --force to preserve.
make[3]: ***
[/aaronwl/cs/compilers/binutils/src/cvs/src/bfd/doc/bfd.info] Error 1

I know next to nothing about makeinfo, but the error message appears to
be messed up.  Could this be a line ending problem?  I'm on this
configuration:

i686-pc-mingw32
Windows XP SP2 Professional
Pentium 4 256MB