PATCH: Test the just built windres/dlltool only

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 20:38:00 GMT 2005

Hi H. J.

>>>windres/dlltool may not be built for all platforms. But we are picking
>>>up them from PATH even if they weren't built at all. This patch
>>>changes it.
>>
>>If they are on your $PATH, why aren't we building them?  This patch

> It is configured for a different target.

>>will disable the tests when testing an installed binutils, I think.

> How do you test the installed binutils with the binutils build tree?
> I thought you should set them in environment if you wanted to test the
> installed ones.

I think that the point is that you should set the PATH in your
environment to only include the built tools for your current target, not
for other targets.  Otherwise you could end up testing the entirely
wrong set of tools.