PATCH: Add -munwind-check=[none|warning|error]

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Fri Feb 11 23:49:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 11:00, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > Here is the new patch. I removed the -munwind-check=none option. I also
> > included the patch for the .endp check. IAS does ignore the name
> > after .endp. But checking it is a good idea. People will get a
> > warning unless they fix the code.

In case I wasn't clear, I am not opposed to having the
-munwind-check=none option, just to the amount of ugly code that was
used to implement it in the previous patch.  I think it would be foolish
to disable these checks now that we have them, but I can see that there
might be unusual cases where this might be useful.

About the .endp patch, I needed to take a closer look at that one as it
confused me.  Jan's comment said to change default name from NULL to ""
to avoid a segfault, you thanked him for the bug report, but you didn't
change this.  And since I apparently didn't receive either your original
patch or Jan's reply to it, it wasn't clear to me whether the problem
was still broken or had been fixed a different way.

I now suspect it was fixed a different way by adding the "&&
default_name" line, as I don't see a problem.

> 	* NEWS: Mention "-munwind-check=[warning|error]".
> 	* config/tc-ia64.c (md): Add unwind_check.
> 	(unwind_diagnostic): New.

OK.