[RFA/hpux] Implement file_matches_executable_p

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 17:56:00 GMT 2005

Hi Joel,

>> 2005-11-17  Joel Brobecker  <brobecker@adacore.com>
>>
>>         * corefile.c (generic_core_file_matches_executable_p): New function.
>>         * libbfd-in.h (generic_core_file_matches_executable_p): Add
>>         declaration.
>>         * libbfd.h: Regenerate.
>>         * hpux-core.c: ANSIfy function declarations and prototypes.
>>         (thread_section_p): Manually expand bfd_section_name macro
>>         to make it clear that parameter ABFD is not used.
>>         (hpux_core_core_file_matches_executable_p): Delete, replaced
>>         by macro pointing to generic_core_file_matches_executable_p.
>>
>>         * aix386-core.c: Replace core_file_matches_executable_p null
>>         implementation by generic_core_file_matches_executable_p by
>>         using a macro.
>>         * aix5ppc-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * cisco-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * hppabsd-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * irix-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * lynx-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * mach-o.c: Likewise.
>>         * netbsd-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * osf-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * ptrace-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * sco5-core.c: Likewise.
>>         * trad-core.c: Likewise.

Approved - please apply.

Sorry for the delay in getting round to review this patch.  This is one
small formatting glitch:

    return (strcmp(exec, core) == 0);

Should be:

    return (strcmp (exec, core) == 0);

Personally I do not like extraneous parentheses in return statements
either, so this could also be:

    return strcmp (exec, core) == 0;