improve Xtensa link performance

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Tue Dec 20 01:30:00 GMT 2005

I'm committing this patch to improve link-time performance for the Xtensa port
of ld.  It replaces an unsorted list with a sorted array when the list length
exceeds a fixed threshold.  There are a few unexpected failures for the
xtensa-elf target, and I am working on fixing those, but this patch doesn't
cause any additional regressions.

2005-12-19  David Heine  <dlheine@tensilica.com>

	* elf32-xtensa.c (action_list_count, xlate_map_entry, xlate_map,
	xlate_offset_with_removed_text, build_xlate_map, free_xlate_map): New.
	(check_section_ebb_pcrels_fit): Build new xlate_map, use it and free it
	when finished.