New tests orphan2 and unknown2 fail in cris-elf

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Tue Dec 20 00:43:00 GMT 2005

H. J. Lu wrote:
> I reverted the change which caused the regression and re-enabled the
> test.

Well, now you say so....  Isn't the usual procedure to send a message to the
list when you feel like you need to revert someone else's change?

> ld-elf/orphan2 passes on ia32, x86-64 and ia64. xtensa-elf has
>
> FAIL: ld-elf/group2
> FAIL: ld-elf/orphan2
> FAIL: ld-elf/64ksec-r
>
> You should investigate why they fail yourselves.

Well, yes, that's exactly what I've been working on today.  It hasn't been easy
to figure out if the orphan2 failure is real or not.  It you would be so kind to
communicate your changes to this list, it would help a lot.  Thanks.

--Bob