[RFA] Add some VAX floating point formats to floatformat.[ch]

Ken Raeburn raeburn@raeburn.org
Mon Aug 22 21:42:00 GMT 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 17:53, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> This patch adds support for the two VAX floating-point formats used by
> GCC for 'float' and 'double'.  The real guts are in gdb/doublest.c
> (which I wil post later to the gdb list); this only adds the
> description.

It's been a long time since I checked, but doesn't gcc support both
of the "double"-size FP formats the VAX architecture has, in addition
to the "float" format?

+const struct floatformat floatformat_vax_single =
+{
+  floatformat_vax, 32, 0, 1, 8, 129, 0, 9, 23,
+  floatformat_intbit_no,
+  "floatformat_vax_single",
+  floatformat_always_valid
+};
+const struct floatformat floatformat_vax_double =
+{
+  floatformat_vax, 64, 0, 1, 8, 129, 0, 9, 55,
+  floatformat_intbit_no,
+  "floatformat_vax_single",
+  floatformat_always_valid
+};

Shouldn't this one be labelled "floatformat_vax_double"?  (And maybe