Your bfd & ld patch breaks --as-needed on SPARC (and some other targets)

Nix nix@esperi.org.uk
Fri Aug 12 14:35:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Alan Modra uttered the following:
> I made a followup patch to fix a similar problem with _DYNAMIC.  Looks
> like we need to do the same for other syms.
>
> This patch also makes _DYANAMIC and _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_ hidden,
> as Hans-Peter Nilsson did for _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ on 2004-11-02.
> I think this is a good thing to do, but haven't yet done much
> testing..  In any case, this change will require another bunch of ld
> testsuite updates, because we'll have fewer dynamic symbols.  I won't
> apply it until I've also fixed the testsuite, but could you please test
> it in the meantime?

It seems to fix it for me: the _DYNAMIC and _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_
errors both disappear.

(Nice patch, too, cleaning up a bit of duplication...)

I'll update the Debian and Ubuntu bugs when the patch goes in.

Thank you :)

--
`I work in computers so, of course, I'm an expert on everything.'
                                                     --- Simon Rumble