ld tests hang on older arm-linux hosts

Richard Earnshaw rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Aug 10 14:59:00 GMT 2005

The new init-array family of tests are spinning for ever on some older
arm-linux platforms (where there appears to be a bug in ld-linux.so).

The test framework executes a generated test using

            catch "exec $binfile > $binfile.out" exec_output

but this doesn't take a timeout, so if the executable doesn't terminate
the testsuite just hangs.  I think it needs to use the remote_exec (or
local_exec) proc in dejagnu's remote.exp framework file which can take a
timeout, but my expect knowledge is limited and I've been unsuccessful
in producing a viable patch.

Can somebody lend a hand here?

R.