Binutils 2.15.97 available

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 14:34:00 GMT 2005

Hi Etienne,

>   I have s strange problem with this version, but 2.15 works.
>   Do you know what
> Error: `dataPS2' can't be equated to common symbol
>   means?

It is an error message from the assembler.  Try compiling with the "-c"
and "--save-temps" flags and then locate the line in the assembler
source file where the error is flagged.  Presumably it will relate to
this line in your source code:

>   asm volatile (" dataPS2 = %c0 ": : "i" (&MOUSE.data.PS2));

You didn't say, but I assume that you are compiling for an x86 target ?

My guess is that the assembler is no longer support the syntax you are
using to assign a value to the "dataPS2" symbol.  Perhaps you need to
change the above asm() statement to use the .set pseudo operator ?