elf32-arm.c corrections

Richard Earnshaw rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Apr 4 13:45:00 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 01:15, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> add_dynamic_entry: changes !info->shared to info->executable (PIE)
> corrects typo, and syncs up with other archs (some others could do the
> same). For !relocs the hole part would be omitted, probably some speed gain.
>
> Should the other patch (*3) for allocate_dynrelocs be applied (as done for
> ppc32)?
>
> Why is ELIMINATE_COPY_RELOCS not used for arm?
>
> Thanks, Peter
>
> Please cc to me,

Sorry for the delay replying, I've been snowed under with other work of
late.

I think this is probably OK, but it's hard to be sure because you
haven't followed all the procedures.  When submitting a patch you need
to do all of the following (as a minimum):

1) Explain what you are trying to do.  Is this a bug that you've found?
If so, provide a testcase.  Is it an optimization?  If so, why is the
existing code non-optimal.  Try to avoid diving in with too much detail.
2) Describe the patch (you've done that, though it could be a little
clearer).
3) Provide a ChangeLog entry describing the mechanics of the patch
(functions that have been changed and how).
4) Provide a patch produced with 'diff -p' or 'diff -up' format (the -p
option is essential so that I can see which functions are being changed
from the patch).
5) State which configurations you've tested the patch on.

Please can you supply the additional information.

R.