[patch] Move additional section types to common code

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Wed Sep 8 18:50:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 09:06, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Given that you are also modifying IA64 specific code, please could you
> also test for regressions with an ia64-elf toolchain ?

I don't know if ia64-elf still works.  It was implemented before we had
working linux support, and hasn't been touched since.  There was no need
for it once we could build linux toolchains.  Also, unfortunately, I
never got permission from Intel to release the newlib/libgloss support,
so there has never been a fully working ia64-elf toolchain on
sources.redhat.com.

Anyways, the patch is OK with me, and it is easy enough for me to do a
quick ia64-linux binutils build and check with the patch, which passed
without any problems.

I don't see any testcases for the init_array, etc support, so I don't
think this accomplished much though.