Need to create new relocation node

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Sat Oct 30 14:56:00 GMT 2004


Narendra Kiran Chinnam <narendrakiran@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> When Iam trying to call a static function from another
> function, a 'jmp' instruction is placed instead of
> 'call' instruction. I have used "-O2" optimization.
> Without optimization flag, 'call' instruction is
> placed as expected. It is required that a relocation
> node be generated for function call. I have modified
> gas to emit relocations for static function calls. But
> when -O2 flag is used no relocation is generated.  Now
> I need to make sure that a relocation is generated for
> every 'jmp' instruction whose target is a function. I
> tried modifying "md_convert_flag" in "tc-i386.c", but
> to no avail. I would appreciate any help that would
> solve this problem.

What is generating the jmp instruction?  Sounds like you need to
modify the compiler, not the assembler.  You may want to try the
compiler option -fno-optimize-sibling-calls.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list