Gas: making md_long_jump_size mutable

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Fri Oct 29 15:45:00 GMT 2004


Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> writes:

> However, CRISv32 needs a different value for md_long_jump_size
> than CRIS.  I see two solutions: remove the "const" from the
> extern declaration in symbols.c and write.c (!) or wrap them
> #ifndef md_long_jump_size_declaration (or similar).  (Actually,
> the first step would be to move declarations to tc.h but let's
> keep that separate to the discussion.)
> 
> I'd prefer to just remove the "const".

I agree.

> (No, I'm not interested in alternative 3: remove BROKEN_DOT_WORD
> support.  At least not for the time being. ;-)

Ah, but take a look at CASE_VECTOR_SHORTEN_MODE in gcc.  I recently
employed it to good effect in Thumb code (haven't contributed it back
yet).  Now that gcc keeps good track of instruction lengths, there is
much less need for BROKEN_DOT_WORD.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list