[PATCH] PPC64 Replace cmp instructions with cmpw/cmpd

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Mon Oct 11 07:48:00 GMT 2004


>>> 	* ppc-opc.c (L): Make this field not optional.
>>
>> OK, could you back it out for me please?  Having it mandatory for
>> 32-bit cpus is just stupid given that none of them have it anyway.  If
>> Segher wants to point to the PowerPC AS spec, I would just say that
>> that spec is no longer any use as far as 32-bit cpus are concerned,
>> since it *requires* a 64-bit implementation. :)
>
> Reverted.

I don't point to the AS spec, as that is not public afaik.  The (public)
book III however says that 2-arg is mandatory (for 32-bit, as well);
however, I see the PEM disagrees.

Let's make either one- or two-arg acceptable for tlbie; however, 
_please_
get the change for cmp[l][i] back in.

Btw, where did problems for tlbie show up?


Segher



More information about the Binutils mailing list