Linkerscript
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 07:17:00 GMT 2004
Hi jeroen,
> I have a question about the linkerscript automatically generated by eCos.
For which particular target ?
> On a
> couple of lines the expression ". = .;" is used. What is de meaning of this?
> What does it do?
Nothing - it is a null operation.
> Example:
> .vectors 0x00400000 : { . = .; KEEP(*(.vectors)) } > ram
The source for this particular linker script appears to be eCos
specific, since I did not find it in the binutils repository. My guess
would be that in the original source there is an extra expression which
can be conditionally included as part of this assignment. eg something
like:
.vectors 0x00400000 : { . = . $(VECTOR_OFFSET);
where VECTOR_OFFSET might be defined as "" under some circumstances and
as say "+ 0x1000" under other circumstances. (I am just guessing here).
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list