[rfa] Add bfd_runtime

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Thu Oct 7 15:15:00 GMT 2004


On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:16:03AM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org> writes:
> 
> > Let me see if I've got this:
> > 
> > objfile - iterate over sections
> > corefile - iterate over segments
> > archive - ???
> 
> archive - iterate over objfiles
> 
> > So how would you solve this problem?  Given a memory access method and
> > a starting offset, construct a bfd containing a list of sections
> > constructed using both the segment and section information in the
> > inferior?
> 
> I would write a new BFD target vector; e.g., elf32-i386-runtime.

Ugh, is that really necessary?  It would mean architecture-specific
code to support this generic ELF concept, and I don't see any useful
hooks in the elf backend vector anyway...

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz



More information about the Binutils mailing list