[arm] Don't "adjust" EABI relocations
Richard Earnshaw
rearnsha@arm.com
Tue Nov 30 17:30:00 GMT 2004
On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 17:28, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> >>Actually other, non-GNU, toolchains do that as well. So supporting the
> >>-p option for inter-linking with them is very helpful.
>
> > But are there any other toolchains that don't need -p? We're suggesting
> > removing the option altogether and making -p a nop.
>
> Oh - I see. Sorry I had that the wrong way round. Making the -p
> behaviour enabled by default and ignoring the option if it is specified
> on the command line is OK by me.
>
> Cheers
> Nick
I think the option is the default. At least, the arm-linux
configuration of gcc is the only one that passes it, but all other
platforms have the same behaviour.
So I'm not really sure what the option is doing.
R.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list