Binutils backwards incompatibilities?

Jeff Baker jbaker@qnx.com
Tue Nov 30 16:02:00 GMT 2004

I am aware of a couple of incompatibilities with SH4 support.  For one a
subset of the relocations were renumbered; the second involves the
treatment of relocation addends.  We ship our kernel in such a manner
that it needs to be relocated as it's being added to a boot image.  The
relocation addend change means that you can't relocate a kernel built
with an older toolchain with the newer toolchain or vice versa.

Is this the kind of stuff I'd find in the NEWS files?