Dejagnu: use -isystem to include system header files.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 14:05:00 GMT 2004

Hi Richard,

> The issue wasn't really about picking up gcc/include/limits.h over
> newlib/include/limits.h, it was about how we processed the newlib
> version when in strict ANSI mode.  That should be handled correctly when
> we use -isystem (because that relaxes the rules).  So I think we should
> try and get the search order back to what it was before, but when still
> using -isystem.

I am not sure that this is possible.  The <build-dir>/gcc/include
directory is added via an -isystem switch that is synthesised by the gcc
(or xgcc) compiler driver.  It is processed before any-isystem switch
specified by the user on the command line so that gcc's fixed versions
of system header files will be included before the systems.  Thus if the
dejagnu test harness uses the -isystem switch to add the
newlib/libc/include directory it is always going to be after
<build-dir>/gcc/include in the list of directories searched.

This sounds correct to me.  The intention is that the fixed version of
limits.h should be included before the system version of limits.h.  Thus
builtins-config.h should not assume that #include <limits.h> will return
the system limits.h.  It might well return a fixed version instead.