fix Xtensa relaxation at ends of loops

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Wed Nov 10 22:21:00 GMT 2004

Apparently the Xtensa updates that I merged in recently included some new
optimizations that are not always safe.  This patch temporarily reverts the
behavior of relaxations at the ends of loops to skip those optimizations.  I
plan to revisit this later.

Tested by running the GAS testsuite with an xtensa-elf target.  Committed on the
mainline.

--Bob

2004-11-10  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

         * config/tc-xtensa.c (update_next_frag_state): Always add a NOP if
         relaxing at the end of a loop.  Don't mark frags as UNREACHABLE or
         MAYBE_UNREACHABLE.
         (relax_frag_immed): Update call to update_next_frag_state.