PATCH: Print out bits of SOM headers

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue Nov 9 17:43:00 GMT 2004


Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> 
>> 2004-11-08  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>
>>
>>     * som.c (som_bfd_print_private_bfd_data): New function.
>>     (som_object_setup): Save the auxiliary header.  Don't assume that
>>     zero is an invalid entry point for a shared library.
>>     (som_object_p): Allocate the auxiliary header on the heap.
> 
> 
> Could you make a couple of tidy-ups to the patch first please ?

I've made the changes you requested, with one exception.

>> +       auxhdr = &exec_header->som_auxhdr;
>> +       if (auxhdr->mandatory)
>> +     fprintf (f, "mandatory ");
> 
> 
> For paranoia purposes I would suggest that you check for a NULL auxhdr 
> before using it, in case the som_exec_auxhdr structure is corrupt.

I did not make this change.  Note the "&" above; auxhdr is a subobject 
of (*exec_header).  It cannot be NULL.

Patch committed; thanks.

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com



More information about the Binutils mailing list