Broken SH2a patches

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 09:04:00 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,

Sorry that this is later than advertised...

> I agree that there may be some problem inserting it into the diagram, but
> the important ting is that it must be inserted into the inheritance tree in
> the code and that the |s (ors) are removed from the instruction table (the
> op32 stuff may be ok, but the others have to go).

Ok, here is a patch that I think fixes up the diagram and removes the
|'s from the opcodes table.  What do you think ?

> My other concern is the arch_op32 thingy. I don't know what it is for, or
> what the affect on the architecture code is, but you should be aware that it
> will not be encoded into the elf flags and, therefore, will not be available
> at link time. If it is only intended to be for the assembler then it may be
> ok.

It is intended for the assembler and disassembler.  It has no affect on
architecture selection.

bfd/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* archures.c: Add fake SH2A architectures.
	* bfd-in2.h: Regenerate.
	* cpu-sh.c: Add entries for fake SH2A architectures.

binutils/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* readelf.c: Add support for fake SH2A architectures.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* gas/sh/arch/arch_expected.txt: Replace expected sh3e
	architectures with sh2a_(fake2).
	* gas/sh/arch/sh4.s: Replace fabs with frchg as the fabs
	instructions is used by SH2A as well.

include/elf/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* sh.h: Use hex constants for the EF flags to better demonstrate
	how the masking works.
	(EF_SH2A_FAKE1, EF_SH2A_FAKE2, EF_SH2A_FAKE3, EF_SH2A_FAKE4):
	Define.
	(EF_SH_BFD_TABLE): Add fake SH2A architectures.

ld/testsuite/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* ld-sh/arch/arch_expected.txt: Replace expected sh3e
	architectures with sh2a_(fake2).
	* ld-sh/arch/sh4.s:  Replace fabs with frchg as the fabs
	instructions is used by SH2A as well.

opcodes/ChangeLog
2004-11-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* sh-opc.h (sh_table): Create fake SH2A architectures so that
	every SH opcode has exactly one associated base architecture.
	Update the SH architecture relationship diagram to add nodes for
	these fake architectures.