Enable Xtensa --rename-section option for GAS

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Thu Nov 4 22:00:00 GMT 2004

The Xtensa port of GAS has always included code to support a --rename-section
option, which does the same thing as the corresponding objcopy option, but I've
kept it commented out until now.  The implementation of this option used to
require changes in non-target-specific portions of GAS, and those changes
weren't appropriate for contributing.  Now I've discovered the
tc_canonicalize_section_name hook and can make it work without any special hacks.

This patch removes the "ifdef"s surrounding the rename-section code and cleans
it up a bit in the process.  I've also added documentation for the "new" option.
  While I was updating docs, I removed the description of the Xtensa ".frame"
directive, which no longer has any effect whatsoever.

Tested with an xtensa-elf target and committed on the mainline.

2004-11-04  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

	* config/tc-xtensa.c: Remove XTENSA_SECTION_RENAME ifdefs.
	(add_section_rename): Delete.  Inlined into...
	(build_section_rename): ...here.  Use xstrdup instead of strdup.
	(xtensa_section_rename): Drop "const" from argument and return types.
	(md_show_usage): Indent to match show_usage().
	* config/tc-xtensa.h: Remove XTENSA_SECTION_RENAME ifdefs.
	(tc_canonicalize_section_name): Define.
	(md_elf_section_rename): Remove unused macro.
	* doc/as.texinfo (Overview): Document Xtensa --rename-section option.
	* doc/c-xtensa.texi (Xtensa Options): Likewise.
	(Frame Directive): Delete.