PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue Nov 2 16:42:00 GMT 2004


Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 08:24:45AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>  
>
>>Nick Clifton wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Hi Richard,
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>If we leave the existing elf32-arm.h around for backwards compatibility
>>>>(with elfarm-oabi.c), then we could create a merged elf32-arm.c for
>>>>current development work without the need to waste a lot of time testing
>>>>that the new changes don't break the old code.
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>This is a good idea.  Then when the 2.16 release is out the 
>>>elf32-arm.h and elfarm-oabi.c files could be deleted.
>>>      
>>>
>>But, if someone complained and we got convinced that we *did* need the 
>>old, old ABI, then we might get stuck trying to make changes in two 
>>places?  I like the obsoletion idea, but I'd be happy to live with 
>>elf32-arm.h for one more release, before reorganizing.
>>    
>>
>
>I am entirely willing to tell them to go back to 2.15.  This thing is
>_dead_.
>  
>
OK.  In that case, I'd say we could just remove the code, then.  What's 
the point in pretending we might keep it, if we've already made up our 
minds?

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
(916) 791-8304
mark@codesourcery.com



More information about the Binutils mailing list