soalris 8/9/10 target of gas

sting sting zstingx@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:51:00 GMT 2004


Thnxs all ;

well I had tried it all from scratch again.

Now I had realized what happened:
the target i386-sun-solaris2.8 does not exist as I understand.

the ./configure target=i386-sun-solaris2.8 displays error messages
but **DOES** create eventually a Makefile; because I was n a haste and it 
was
quick I had missed that.

Any idea what target is valid for solris 8/9/10 ? (if exists at all?)
Here is the log of ./configure


../binutils-2.14/configure target=i386-sun-solaris2.8
configure: warning: target=i386-sun-solaris2.8: invalid host type
loading cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... Invalid configuration 
`target=i386-sun-solaris2.8': machine `target=i386-sun' not recognized


regards,
sting


>From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com>
>To: "sting sting" <zstingx@hotmail.com>
>CC: ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr, binutils@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: soalris 8/9/10 target of gas
>Date: 29 Mar 2004 11:09:23 -0500
>
>"sting sting" <zstingx@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > here is the log; I 'll appreciate any help.
>
>It looks like you ran make in the gas directory.  Don't do that.  Run
>make in the top level of your object directory.
>
>Also, never run ./configure.  Instead, run configure in an empty
>directory.  I recommend that you delete your current working directory
>and start again.
>
>Ian

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail



More information about the Binutils mailing list