Failure with include on Sun, Solaris2.9 with G++

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Mon Mar 29 22:33:00 GMT 2004


Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs@dmu.ac.uk> writes:

> That's what I did: I followed the instructions by cut and paste from
> http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/
> 
> i.e.
> 
>  cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src login
>  {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
>  cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co binutils
> 
> 
> and it created the src directory and all below it. Yes, I did
> include the word binutils in the paste,

Hmmm, are you sure that you didn't run a 'cvs update -d' at any point
along the process.  Or maybe -d is in your .cvsrc file?  A straight
'cvs co binutils' shouldn't check out the sid directory.  Nor it
should check out the directories gdb, tcl, tk, dejagnu, winsup and
probably others as well.  Do you have those directories in your source
tree?

In any case, you can safely remove sid from your source and object
directories, and run configure again.  You can also build just the
assembler by running 'make all-gas' at top level.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list