newbie question: Assembler PPC 64 support?

quchen@infinito.it quchen@infinito.it
Fri Mar 19 15:57:00 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

I am a new guy to this list. I compiled the binutils by
the config option --target=powerpc-ibm-eabi

I tried out the two example assmber files listed
here:http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-ppc/
 However, hello-ppc64.s has a couple of assemble error,
which make me feel that the cross-assembler does not like
the 64-bit syntax by IBM. (The hello-ppc.s works well)

Could anyone tell me whether this 64-bit implementation is
supported by as in the current version binutils-2.14?

Thank you very much!

Chen
Connessione ed e-mail gratuita da 10 mb
consultabile tramite web e tramite pop.