Binutils is broken by the linker change

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 18 22:09:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:47:24AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> The linker change caused massive failures in "make check" in gcc. I
> will try to come up with a small testcase.

Oops.  Once again, I've proven how useless comments are.  Some of the
"dead code" that I eliminated, which the comment said was dealing with
"the special case of a weak definition in a regular object followed by a
non-weak definition in a shared object", was actually dealing with weak
and non-weak in two shared objects as well.  Reinstating the code..

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre