Makefile mess in gas
Ian Lance Taylor
ian@wasabisystems.com
Wed Mar 17 16:43:00 GMT 2004
"Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl> writes:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, H. J. Lu wrote:
>
> > 1. Makefile.am and doc/Makefile.am were changed. But Makefile.in and
> > doc/Makefile.in were never updated. Only the part of
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-12/msg00364.html
> >
> > was applied. None of the generated files were checked in.
>
> Am I supposed to check in generated files as well? I've read the
> "Regenerate" entries in a ChangeLog are to notify the respective file's
> maintainer to rebuild it with the right version of tools -- what I use
> locally need not necessarily be such. I'm sorry if I've got it wrong.
Yes, you are supposed to check in the generated files also. The
ChangeLog entries are there because we like to have a ChangeLog entry
for each change, and the generated files are indeed changed.
Yes, it is hard to know which version of the tools to use.
Ian
More information about the Binutils
mailing list