FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Meg Abyte fitter20@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:47:00 GMT 2004

>Disable -onlcr and hey presto, maybe problem solved.  Let us know how it
>works out!
>
>(*) Before you do this command, maybe you want to say
># stty -F /dev/tts/0 -a
>to see what the current settings are?  Maybe you'll see onlcr (without a
>leading dash), which means the kernel will translate LF to CRLF on
>output.

One last thing to note !
I just changed (using a hex editor) all the EOFs to CR  NOT LF, and that
works !!

I.e. Now Srec's with CR... or LF.... but not both work. (before I thought it
was just removing CR).

It appears as though Linux IS somehow changing CR into CR/LF, or at least
interpreting it as LF??
I tried all permutations of the stty stuff you mentioned just to be sure but
no luck.

I cat -v file.s19... and this shows NO LF, and prints the ^M's then. So that
is ok...

BUT here is something I noticed.  If you press CTRL-M  (^M) at a prompt.
Linux treats it as a CR/LF not as just a carriage return !!!!  Is this a
valid test?!  e.g. CTRL-G does what it should etc.