FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Fri Mar 5 03:24:00 GMT 2004

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> > Dunno.  Probably one of the maintainers will approve or deny the
> > patch.  I don't really like the global variable or the objcopy command
> > line option, so I'm not too excited about it.  But maybe somebody else
> > will push it forward.
>
> BFD policy would prohibit a global variable as an ABI.

That is my feeling too.  Unfortunately, the patch is just based on an
existing global variable, so it doesn't introduce any new problems.

2000-11-02  Luciano Gemme <ishitawa@yahoo.com>

	* srec.c (CHUNK): Rename to DEFAULT_CHUNK.
	(Chunk): New global variable set by a parameter in objcopy.c.
	(S3Forced): New global variable set by a parameter in
	objcopy.c.
	(srec_set_section_contents): If S3Forced is true, always generate
	S3 records.
	(srec_write_section): Use 'Chunk' to limit maximum length of S
	records.

2000-10-06  Luciano Gemme <ishitawa@yahoo.com>

	* objcopy.c (--srec-len=nn): New parameter to set the
	maximum length of generated Srecords.
	(--srec-forceS3): New parameter that restricts the generation of
	Srecords to type S3 only.
	* binutils.texi: Document new command line switches.
	* objcopy.1: Docuemnt the new command line switches.
	* NEWS: Announce the existence of the new command line switches.

Ian