FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Meg Abyte fitter20@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 02:04:00 GMT 2004

>David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:
>
> > I guess the patch will not change how the linker works, but it fixes
> > my main problems with objcopy.  It seems that someone could add a
> > command line parameter to the linker to do the same thing.
>
>Yes, getting linker support too is a reason to create a new BFD target
>vector, as I was thinking originally.
>
>I don't particularly like objcopy --srec-len or --srec-forces3
>either.  But I suppose it's better than nothing.
>
>Maybe we need an interface for target specific options, like objdump
>-M for the disassembler?  Hmmm.
>
>Ian

Hi Ian,
  Just wondering where this is at the moment.... I mean is someone planning
on implementing Daney's patch then for a command link option to allow this?
Or you wanted it done a different way.
  Aside... I don't seem to be getting any summary messages for this group at
all just the CC'ed replies. How do I set that up?