FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Wed Mar 3 22:57:00 GMT 2004

David Daney wrote:

> Meg Abyte wrote:
>

>>  I have compile the GNU GCC tools for the Motorola MCORE
>> microprocessor on a RH
>> linux system. However, when I make the executabel (.s19) using the
>> GNU linker, it
>> produces it in a DOS file format. Meaning the file has carriage
>> return and line feed. I then have to go and strip this out to ONLY
>> contain just the line feed.
>>
>>  Is there an option or way to get the linker to not create this
>> file in a DOS format?
>

> How about this patch?
>
> I don't have CVS write access, but my copyright assignments are on
> file, so feel free to commit it yourselves if you like.
>
> David Daney.

I guess the patch will not change how the linker works, but it fixes my
main problems with objcopy.  It seems that someone could add a command
line parameter to the linker to do the same thing.

David Daney