FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Wed Mar 3 21:10:00 GMT 2004

"Meg Abyte" <fitter20@hotmail.com> writes:

> "Personally" !??!  This isn't what specs are for.  As I posted before
> the SRecord specification written and created by Motorola says
> "CR/LF/NULL"  -
> NOT  /r/n.
>
> Sorry to sound so surprized but this is right out of the spec.
>
> BUT THANK YOU so much FOR THE FOLLOWING changes to make to srec.c !!!
> I will try this change and try it out once I recompile the software.
>
> However, this should be fixed - its clearly not following the spec.
> /cr/lf/null  != /r/n

There are various specs out there.  Honest.  It may well be the case
that the one you are looking at says that there can be different line
terminators.

The code in the GNU binutils has not changed in many years, and
certainly many people have used it.  As far as I know, nobody has
complained until now.  That doesn't mean that it is right, of course,
but I don't know why you are so outraged when so many other people
seem to be OK.

I already told told you how to start adding a new backend like srec
but which uses different line terminators.

The software is free.  Use it accordingly.

Ian