FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Meg Abyte fitter20@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 08:40:00 GMT 2004

>From Dave:
>That was explained in a previous response:   objcopy thinks that the srec
>specification requires that this be the case.

So since this isn't the case is there someone to contact who would consider
adding this... the objcopy guru.

>Why does it think this?  I don't know.  Its authors` interpretation of the
>specification I would suppose.

>Since you know that dos2unix will make it work with your target, what is
>the problem with using it?

Hmm... same reason I fixed my tire instead of just pumping it up with air
every day ;-)
No seriously, why not make it right to begin with. It just seems odd to
everyone I know that we are using Linux etc. and then we are getting this
DOS file out of it that we have to teach everyone to use this dos2unix
command - then lots of them don't even have dos2unix installed on their PCs,
to "fix" the srecord file. The windows guys just think it is funny...