PATCH: cygwin/mingw32 Standard weak externals on PE COFF

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Sat Jun 5 19:42:00 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 04:45:32AM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
>This patch implements the weak externals specified in _Microsoft
>Portable Executable and Common Object File Format Specification_,
>section 5.5.3 for the assembler and the linker.  It also adds some
>documentation.

This looks like good stuff.  I would love to see this functionality in
Windows.

Just to get the paperwork out of the way, do you have an assignment
on file with the FSF?  I think this change is non-trivial enough to
require one.

If not you can send email to assignment-clerkBLETCHgnuPERIODorg
to start the ball rolling.

cgf