as.info built in the source directory?

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Wed Jul 14 17:27:00 GMT 2004

  He did, but off list.  :)

> It's the autoconf/automake files that are the exception.   They are
> generated and checked in to avoid local tool dependency problems (sh
> et.al. can be really querky :-).

  More or less what he said.  I was wondering why end-users are expected to
have makeinfo installed and available but aren't expected to have auto*
tools.  But if it's really just the auto{conf,make} files that need special
treatment because of these version problems, that makes sense to me.

    cheers,
      DaveK