PATCH pecoff mingw32 dlltool: Add option to create external aliases of DLL imports.
Mon Jul 12 17:07:00 GMT 2004
> 2004-07-09 Aaron W. LaFramboise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * binutils/doc/binutils.texi
> (--ext-prefix-alias): Document.
> * binutils/dlltool.c (ext_prefix_alias): New global variable.
> (make_one_lib_file): Add aliases with prefixes for external
> and import definitions.
> (usage): Document -p option.
> (long_options): Add --ext-prefix-alias option.
> (main): Handle -p.
Approved and applied. Note - there is a ChangeLog in the binutils/
directory so I have moved the above entry there.
I fixed one bug and made two additions. The bug was that you had not
added "p:" to the string passed to getopt_long() in dlltools.c:main()
which meant that the -p switch was not recognised. (The
--ext-prefix-alias version was recognised).
The first addition was to add a few more lines to
binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/dlltool.exp which check that the new
switch is not rejected. Note - this is not a proper test of the
switch's functionality. I hope that you might consider submitting a
patch to do that yourself.
The other addition was a line to binutils/NEWS mentioning the new
feature of dlltool.
More information about the Binutils